Behavioral & Mental HealthAugust 31, 2016
HPV Provider EducationAugust 31, 2016
The American Academy of Pediatrics, California Chapter 3 provides countywide coordination and support to the First 5 Commission of San Diego’s Healthy Development Services (HDS) project. This project provides health-oriented services to children ages 0-5 living in San Diego County, including:
- Developmental check ups, classes, parent coaching and therapy, including Speech and Language services
- Behavioral check ups, parent coaching and therapy
- Parent Education Support and Empowerment through classes and information
- Care Coordination for families engaged in HDS services
- These services are targeted to children with mild to moderate needs, with the intent of providing help for children who otherwise would not receive the care that they need.
Services are provided by 16 organizations countywide. A regional leadership organization directs efforts within county regions. The AAP-CA3 HDS team coordinates and assists these lead organizations in their efforts to ensure that children enter school healthy and ready to learn.
AAP-CA3 PROJECT DIRECTOR
HDS Countywide Coordination
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego
Phone: 858-966-1700 x6577
South Bay Community Services
Healthy Development Services Brochure (PDF)
English | Español
HDS Referral Form (PDF)
Building a Developmental System of Care Puts All Children on Track for Success is a policy brief co-written by ZERO TO THREE and the American Academy of Pediatrics, California Chapter 3.